This is my own variation on potato salad. I like to add green beans to mine. I think red or green onion would taste good in this as well. I don’t use recipes very often so I don’t have exact amounts for the ingredients, I usually ballpark until it tastes good!
Ingredients (amounts are approximates!):
Potatoes (2-4 large)
Green beans (2 handfulls)
Plain yogurt (1-2 cups)
Garlic (3 cloves)
Olive oil (1/4 cup)
Balsamic (a splash)
Dill (to taste)
Mayo (to taste)
Mustard (to taste)
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Chop potatoes into medium small chunks. Boil until they are cooked but not too soft, otherwise they will be mushy in the salad.
- If you’re going to use green beans, boil the green beans until soft. Put beans in a pot or bowl of cold water once drained to stop the cooking process. Chop the beans into small pieces.
- While potatoes are boiling, prepare the sauce. The amount of sauce ingredients you will use depends on how many potatoes you boiled and how flavorful you want the salad.
- Dice garlic very small or put in garlic press. Dice up dill into small pieces.
- Mix yogurt, garlic, olive oil, and dill together. I think adding a bit of mayo and mustard adds creaminess and that classic potato salad flavor. I also add salt and pepper to taste to bring out the other flavors. My favorite part is the splash of balsamic.
- Mix potatoes, green beans (or whatever else you’re adding), and sauce in a large bowl. Cool and enjoy!